Friday, November 6, 2009

Talking Trash

After spending a few days in a city that smells like a dumpster, I'm thinking Cube City looks pretty good.

I really couldn't believe all the trash that littered a historic and architectural marvel like New Orleans. I also hadn't seen that many aimless local loiterers since my first and only visit to Phoenix in 1995. It just wasn't my type of place (though the oysters, alcohol, jazz, and po'boys were f'ing fantastic).

While I was hanging out in the Big Easy, Cube City was hit hard with more layoffs. I'm thankful that I missed all of that. I didn't even see it coming. I'm thankful that my team was unaffected by difficult decisions. It's hard when trash litters your landscape and you have to figure out how to clean up the mess.

1 comment:

Trixter said...

Agreed that the French Quarter is a little like walking through a sewer. Did you get a chance to go to the Garden District? Much nicer area!!!

And yes, be glad you weren't here. It was a horrible day. Although no one from our team was affected, several of my extremely talented friends from the other team lost their jobs. It was heartbreaking.