Monday, November 9, 2009

Man of the Hour (and a Half)

I know you're all waiting with bated breath to hear about my time with the 15-minute meeting guy in Cube City. Well, I'm sure you'll be surprised to know that after his Calendar Nazi rescheduled our original meeting time, it got cancelled all together.

The reason? He needed to "prepare to be out of the office." What does that mean? He needed to pack for a trip to Bermuda or something? I was starting to feel extremely unimportant until other unimportant people told me that they'd received the same cancellation and excuse. So then I was back to just feeling unimportant.

Soon after the cancellation, I received an invitation to hear him speak to the company -- this time for a whole hour instead of 15 minutes. Finally, I was going to meet him and see what he had to say.

OMG. He had plenty to say. The guy loved to talk! After an hour and a half, he wrapped up his one-hour meeting. I liked some of what he had to say, but I've become so disillusioned in Cube City over the years that it's hard to believe in anything or anyone right away. It takes more than your confident speaking tone for me to get excited. I need to see results, and those take time. I'll give him a chance to prove himself, but for right now, he's just the man of the hour (and a half).

No comments: