Monday, November 2, 2009

Could Somebody Please Turn the Lights On?

I've been stumbling around in Cube City lately with questions ranging from little black holes to gigantic blackouts in my brain. I would kill for some light to shine on one of my projects. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I fear that it is most likely a freight train with the maximum amount of box cars allowed.

What's the best possible solution when you don't know what you're doing? You go on vacation, of course! Unfortunately, I'll be working while I'm on vacation, but at least I'll get to be in the dark whenever I choose this time around (e.g., I can't respond to your email because I'm on a plane...or in a bar...or in a bar that makes me feel like I'm flying).

I'm going to take the next three days off and head to New Orleans. Sure, I'll be doing some work, but I'll be having some fun too. I'll be doing some heavy drinking, so perhaps I'll get clarity. For some reason, I tend to think I understand what I'm doing when I'm loaded, and isn't that half the battle in Cube City?

I hope this work-vacation isn't a total train wreck. I'll report back to you on Friday.

2 comments:

Michelle Medley said...

Watch yourself on Bourbon Street, Scissor Girl.

Forget your troubles, c'mon, get happy - or get a tarot card reading in Jackson Square and a few beignets at Cafe du Monde, whichever comes first.

Have a swell time.

Unknown said...

Have a blast, and I second the recommendation to have a beignet!