Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Skeleton Crew

It's another short holiday work week in Cube City, with minimal minions doing the work. Being on the skeleton crew can go either way:
  1. There can be way too much to do because there are way too few people to do it.
  2. It can be really quiet because the people who are supposed to be leading the projects don't feel like working and therefore aren't giving you any direction.
It's a little early in the week to say for sure, but so far it's a mix of these scenarios for me. This is good because I need a little flexibility to do my own thing without a lot of "there's nothing to do and the clock won't move forward" boredom. I'm trying to squeeze doctor and dentist appointments into my work schedule this week before my health benefits cycle starts over on January 1st (that's Friday for those of you on the skeleton crew who are facing scenario #2 above with the spare time to read this blog). Hey, appointment hopping is what the healthcare system has given us, so it's time to give back.

1 comment:

Raina said...

I'm working this week too, but I'm SO GLAD I get to do it from home. It makes the hours go by so much more comfortably. And if I get particularly blocked or frustrated by something, I can spend 10 minutes putting away Christmas debris rather than stare at the walls!