Tuesday, December 8, 2009

SOS

Yesterday couldn't have been more of a shit storm in Cube City. I'm working on a project with a really unorganized person right now, and I just hate it. After making massive edits to an unplanned project all day, I got a request at the end of the day to do everything over with a complete change of direction.

The person wanted changes "ASAP."

I'm not going to entertain you with what "ASAP" stands for in my world right now. All I can say is that lack of organization on one person's part does not constitute an emergency on my part. Not at the end of the day. Not after I handed you everything you asked for on a silver platter. You really can't have diarrhea of the mouth at the end of the day and expect people to clean up after you. I can only stand so much of a shit storm before needing to come up for fresh air.

It's a new day, but it sure feels like the "SOS" (same old shit).

1 comment:

Trixter said...

Gah. I'm so there with you. Over the last couple of weeks, I've been traveling a lot, so I've tred really hard to provide people with things early so that it's not a lot of last minute, late-night changes, and guess what? Same old, same old.