Friday, January 8, 2010

The House Bread

I work with a funny person in Cube City who is really good at presenting information to our clients. She can charm them into loving crap if that's what we've given them. I can't do that.

Lately, she's been cracking me up with the analogies she uses to sell them on various ideas. The other day, she was using the analogy of building a house when explaining budget concerns and how to best use their money on projects. Do they want granite countertops or bay windows? A three-car garage or a swimming pool?

Just one day later, she was using the analogy of bread. She actually told the client that no matter what we decide to create, it's bread. It could be banana bread, honey wheat bread, or pumpkin bread, but it's still bread.

I couldn't help myself. I had to start laughing during the meeting. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a gift to sell crap to clients. I wish I could. So I'll just stick to making the bread instead of explaining how to create or use it.

No comments: