Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Cubicle Kids

It's quite sobering when you realize that you're one of the old ladies in Cube City...and yet you're still decades away from retirement.

I realized the other day, when a young cube dweller asked for my advice, that I'm no longer a kid in a cube. I'm like the parent of the cubicle kids. It's like they flock to me for approval. In a lot of these situations, I'm not even their boss.

Ack! How did I get here?

I like my cubicle kids, but what am I going to do when they grow up? Am I going to suffer from Empty Cubicle Syndrome? I don't know, but I'm very uncomfortable in this role. I need to go find some older people to work with.

1 comment:

Trixter said...

If you're an old lady, I hate to think where I rank. Unfortunately, I think I'm past the age where people trust my advice. You know, the grandparent that thinks she's hip, but is really, really out of it. :)