Monday, March 9, 2009

Due Day

I've got a deadline hanging over my head in Cube City today. I'm sure I'll meet it, but still...I worry.

So much could go wrong today:
A. I could get caught up with other projects or obstacles.
B. This project could take longer than I'm anticipating.
C. I might have questions for teammates that possibly won't be answered in time to meet this deadline.
D. All of the above

In a sick sort of way, I've come to thrive on this stress because, when I don't have a deadline, I feel no pressure or excitement in my day. This is rare, as Cube City is typically synonymous with deadlines, but it makes me curious about what I really want out of my work day. I dread a day without deadlines as much as a day with them, but that's because I'm tested for entirely different reasons.

Okay, I had better toe the line now, or I'm dead.

1 comment:

Trixter said...

Yikes! I'm so there. If I don't have a deadline, I get distracted by 900 other things. But the deliverable I'm working on for today's deadline is so dependent on other people's input that I'm really nervous. And I hate that -- I never signed up to be a nag to get stuff out of others.