Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hiatus, Part Deux

It's that time again. I'm going on a blog vacation. But this time, I'm going on a real vacation too, and I won't be thinking about Cube City.

About two months ago, I decided that I needed to schedule a vacation and get the hell out of here for a while. My soul was crushed and scattered across my cubicle. I was taking my job way too seriously. A bad economy will do that to a girl.

The thing is, I really needed the vacation at that time...but due to the stack of work on my shoulders, there was no getting out of Cube City when I needed it most. And it takes time to plan out-of-town vacations. You have to think about what's going to revive your soul, and then you have to figure out how to maximize your PTO and minimize your travel costs.

Now that I'm dangerously close to having 12 consecutive days off, I suddenly have energy to do my job, and I don't mind it so much. It's amazing how having something to look forward to can lift you out of a miserable reality and catapult you into a pleasant one.

I hope you are all catching spring fever and are planning some time away from Cube City. I highly recommend it, and I haven't even made my escape yet.

I'll return from my blog vacation on April 1st -- no foolin'.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for vacation! Hope it's marvelous!

Anonymous said...

whoohoooo