Friday, October 30, 2009

Wanted: Accountant Who Can Do Math

I'm a words person, not a numbers person. But I think I manage my finances pretty well. And in Cube City, where we just can't seem to put into words how we manage money, I look like a friggin' CPA.

Sigh.

We seem to have no problem ordering 60 pizzas to bribe people to come to a "mandatory" meeting, but we have major problems hiring more people to help get the work done. Instead, we expect people to spend their free time working. Meanwhile, our grossly overpaid executives travel in style and spend $1500 on lavish client dinners. I don't even want to know what all they expense to the company. All I know is that it comes at a cost.

Who does the math and makes these decisions? If that's how we do math in Cube City, my days here as a CPA would certainly be numbered.

1 comment:

Michelle Medley said...

How did Pumpkin Day turn out? Did you wear a costume?