Monday, January 12, 2009

The Reorgs

You've heard about them.

You've probably experienced a number of them.

Perhaps you've even survived a few.

You know what I'm talking about: REORGS.

I don't get reorgs. Whenever a company announces plans for a restructuring of the organization, I think, "Okay, we have learned nothing about how to do business here." On my less optimistic days, I change that thought to, "Okay, we have not learned from our mistakes." On my we-are-doomed mood days, I simply think, "Okay, we have learning NOTHING at all about anything or anyone."

I can't count the number of reorgs I've seen, but I know they are a fact of life in Cube City. We've heard rumblings about a reorg since our last round of layoffs but haven't really seen the full results yet. We're all just waiting to see what we haven't learned.

What we have learned is this: Our reorg will teach us nothing except that we will continue to have reorgs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so true. such a staggering waste of time and org charts.