Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Playing Office

A lot of people come to Cube City dressed up like business people -- not necessarily in their clothing style, but definitely in the fantasy land of their own minds.

These are people who run amok, making uninformed decisions about people's lives and careers. I don't understand how a lot of these people make their way into really high-profile positions and become the voice of reason. I mean, they don't know what the hell they are doing -- and if they do know, they don't care that they're doing it wrong. How do they manage to survive when the people around them see how incompetent they are? Whose trust have they earned? Do they have naked pictures of important people or something?

Perhaps it is as simple as putting on their shoes every morning, Mr. Rogers style, and saying, "Today I am going to play office, boys and girls."

At times, I almost feel like I'm looking down at a chess game, with a bunch of plastic pawns jumping from their own territory into that of their competitors. That's when I reach for the codka, as there is no other way to win the game.

I wish we would stop playing around in Cube City and hire the right people to make the right decisions. I'm serious. I'm not playing.

No comments: