Friday, January 9, 2009

Friending the Superhero

I think you're all aware of my personal struggles with Facebook, but it gets worse.

I was minding my own business when it happened. The Superhero found me on Facebook and requested to add me as a Friend.

I didn't know what to do, as I never really considered him a friend when I worked for him. I watched his company die a slow and painful death while he sexually harassed everything that moved.

So I decided to ask my friend Gene for advice. He had worked for the Superhero. He would know what to do.

Instead, all Gene said was, "You know you'll Friend him. You have to."

It's true. When you work for a trainwreck, you really can't pull yourself away. And as much as I hate to admit it, I learned a great deal at the Superhero's company and reached a lot of personal and professional milestones in my career because that jackass gave me a chance.

So I am now friends with the Superhero -- on Facebook, anyway.

No comments: