Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Have Your Cake

Death to the grocery store sheet cake in Cube City!

I don't know why so many people think a grocery store sheet cake is worthy of purchase, let alone consumption. The cake is usually stale, and the frosting is usually fake with bountiful artificial colors and flavors. 

Grocery store sheet cakes are not cause for celebration. I learned this valuable lesson while dieting in one Cube City. I got smart about my calories. Whenever I saw a grocery store sheet cake, I knew I'd rather save my calories for something that tasted better. Cube dwellers marveled at my willpower. Since I never really knew who bought the bad cake, I never said anything more than, "I'll pass. I'm on a diet." What I really wanted to say, though, was, "You can have your cake and eat it too."  

2 comments:

Michelle Medley said...

Right there with you. It's quite appalling, those cakes. I've made it a rule only to serve the best - it says so much about oneself.

Once I found a little bakery in my neighborhood whose product was sweet, smooth and always consumed, I never looked back.

I have no qualms about paying for quality. And buy the way - blue icing is never a good idea.

Unknown said...

I just have to mention one of my favorite sites:

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/