Monday, September 13, 2010

The Douche and the Paper Boy

As predicted in a previous blog entry, my Paper Boss is back in Cube City. Reportedly, he starts today. It took 9 months -- much longer than I had anticipated or suspected, the amount of time it takes to make a baby -- but it still feels good to be right.

My suspicions rose a few weeks ago, when a total douche at this company left a random "Smooch" comment on my Paper Boss's Facebook page. I hate people who have secrets and don't know what to do with them, so they do something totally lame like kissing someone over the interwebs. It's like they're saying, "I just found out about you and wanted you to know that I know, even though I can't talk about it, which is stupid because everybody knows I can't be trusted to keep secrets, and I'm sorry I never paid any attention to you the whole time you were gone...but now that you're coming back, I am suddenly interested in being your devoted friend again -- at work and on Facebook."

It should be interesting to have my Paper Boss around again, mostly because he's returning in a new role that will probably suit his skills and personality better. It seems that way on paper, anyway. I have my suspicions about why he isn't returning to my side of the business, but I probably shouldn't go there. So I won't. Unlike the douche, I can keep secrets, even the ones that are based only on my suspicions.

4 comments:

Michelle Medley said...

Scissor Girl I am so glad to see you back online that it has cured me of my pre-SAD blues. Welcome back. I've missed your razor wit and look forward to hearing more of the Cube City life.

Can we do lunch?

Scissor Girl said...

Thanks, Mama Mia. What's cookin'? Would love to go to lunch and "ketch-up."

Michelle Medley said...

Can we schedule a Queue 2 at Technique, the student restaurant? It's an easy spin from Cube Central. Exams next week, but how's about I set it up toward end of month?

Scissor Girl said...

Sounds great, Mama. Never been there but certainly up for trying it. I'll be around. No vacation planned until Thanksgiving. Eeeek! Good luck on your exams!