Tuesday, September 14, 2010

To Purge or Not to Purge?

Everything has its price, and this includes Working for Scissors.

Every September, I seem to start purging things. I get on a roll. I show no mercy.

I haven't worn these jeans in six months? GONE.

I've passed over this shirt for two weeks? GONE.

I never use the land line phone anymore. Hellooooo? GOODBYE.

My ability to purge without looking back is something that my significant stapler (a pack rat) cannot put into theory, let alone practice. Some of us are more sentimental than others.

When it comes to this Working for Scissors blog, I've been at it long enough to consider purging it too. However, there are limits to my purging.

I'm not on a big hunt for extra money or anything, but I figure why keep this thing around that I rarely use anymore? (It's the purger in me.)

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy this blog...when I'm in the mood. I just figure it would be interesting to see what else I could do with (or without) it.

Long ago, I looked into how to increase traffic to my blog, how to make money off my blog, and more. But what recently caught my attention was the idea of SELLING the blog.

That was before I saw what it was worth, though.

Use this tool to see how much your own blog is worth. If I know you, and I know your blog URL, chances are that I've checked your blog's worth and have come up with the same number as mine: a whopping $564.54. That's before taxes, for you accounting junkies out there.

I believe our thoughts are worth more than $564.54 before taxes, don't you?! So I guess this tool is bogus, but it still makes me wonder what I could do to turn my blog into something worth buying. Cube City needs to be good for something, you know?

I guess I will hold on to my blog for a while because it's not like the thing is taking up precious closet space or anything. Perhaps I'm more sentimental than I thought.

1 comment:

Michelle Medley said...

Please to God don't sell the blog or purge it. You have appreciative fans who need this fresh perspective. You have talent. I'm just sayin'.