Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Morning Sickness

Well, this is a first: To be in the Cube City ladies' room with someone who has morning sickness. Ew.

I've been drinking more water lately, so I've been making more frequent appearances in the ladies' room. Lately, there's been a sickly cube dweller in there with me.

At first, I didn't know what to do, so I did nothing. I heard sickness, thought how I would feel in that situation (I'd want to be left alone, but it feels wrong to ignore a sick person), and got out of there as quickly as possible. I was a baby about it.

Last week, the sickly person ran into the ladies' room as I was leaving and almost ran me over. She actually stopped for a second, eyes watering and hand covering mouth, to say, "I'm sorry! I have morning sickness. But this is between you and me. I'm not ready to tell anyone yet." Then she ran into a stall and went about her business.

If this is a secret, and she's not ready to tell anyone, why did she tell me why she's sick? She could have said she just doesn't feel well or has some mysterious form of cooties. So now I have this secret I can't share, but at least I can stop worrying and wondering about her.

I suppose morning sickness plagues us all one way or another in Cube City. I don't think you have to be pregnant to have a reason to throw up in the corporate bathroom. I'm just sayin'.

No comments: