Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Birthday Is Over

Well, it was fun to get an early birthday gift in Cube City, but it should come as no surprise that all good things come to an end.

Today, I will meet a candidate to replace the mean lady who should have been fired but ended up leaving on her own terms. (Yes, the injustice of how that whole thing went down still kind of totally irks me.)

I know nothing about the new candidate except that she's not from the Northeast -- and that's a start.

What I do know is that this position doesn't need to be refilled. It didn't need to be filled in the first place. But as we all know, Scissor Girl is not an important person. What this means today is that Scissor Girl isn't important enough to spend company funds that don't need to be spent. We must have a VP shortage around here or something because people seem to be on a mission to fill this unnecessary position.

All I can say is that I hope the person we end up hiring isn't totally insecure. That alone would be the gift that keeps on giving.

No comments: