Thursday, September 30, 2010

His & Hers

I'm working with an annoying husband-wife client team in Cube City these days, and I sometimes wonder why I ever volunteered to be a part of this "special" project. Clearly, I was duped.

What's most annoying about this couple is that, despite constant bickering, they refer to each other as "TL."

That's short for True Love.

Did you just throw up in your mouth a little bit? I thought so.

Here's how a sample conference call might go with the dynamic duo.

Him: I don't like the rounded corners of the callouts. They seem too soft for what we're trying to communicate. TL, what do you think?

Her: Actually, I think the soft, rounded corners really deliver the message that what people do with our product is up to them. It's their choice, and we'll stand by them. If we were to design these callouts with hard, squared-off edges, I think people would be offended, TL. I don't think they'd click on the callouts to continue their journey, and then we'd all be in a very sad, dark place.

I could go on and on, cube dwellers, but I think you get the picture. These people are smoking something good -- well, good for them and bad for us. They're so indecisive and yet simultaneously decisive. I think they're from outer space. As long as they don't moon me with their true love, it's possible I might survive this project.

2 comments:

Raina said...

OMG I need to fill you in on some things over a swirl margarita. soon.

Michelle Medley said...

count me in, with a mojito, por favor.