Friday, November 14, 2008

Calendar Stalking

When things are uncertain in Cube City and you're always the last to know, you have to take matters into your own hands. A good way to accomplish this is through stalking important people's calendars.

Lately I've noticed that an important person in my world -- my manager -- is holding time for "individual conversations."

*GULP*

There's quite a bit of time blocked for these "individual conversations," and I just despise the vague and shady description, but at least it allows me to worry and burn up energy about something that could possibly pose no concerns in my world. I wouldn't be so suspicious if there wasn't an equally mysterious and highly unusual team meeting scheduled for Monday -- scheduled by my manager, no less.

*CHEST TIGHTENING*

I'm left with no other choice but to jump to conclusions. My conclusion is that my manager is leaving the company and is telling some people prior to the meeting by way of -- you guessed it -- individual conversations. Since I'm always the last to know, I don't expect to hear anything ahead of time...but at least I can prepare for the worst by arming myself with calendar-stalking activities.

If you happen to know what's going on, please stalk my calendar and schedule an individual conversation with me.

No comments: