Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What's Cookin'

I've been asked to pick a day to bring a heart-healthy meal to a fellow cube dweller in Cube City. This cube dweller's spouse recently had a scary medical issue that has forced the whole family to re-evaluate their eating habits.

I'm sure I can come up with something, and I don't mind pitching in to help this family. But I worry about these things we do in Cube City that cross the lines of business. I mean, what if I make a dish that unintentionally sickens the family? What if the recipe doesn't turn out quite like it should? I'm sure the dish won't look like the picture in the recipe, as it never does. How perfect am I supposed to be in delivering on this gesture?

I've also received a request to contribute to a Thanksgiving potluck in Cube City. I don't know if I can cook something up twice in one month for business.

I'm really feeling the pressure of nice gestures lately, and I'm not sure where this is coming from. This feeling gets in the way of what is important. I guess I just need to stop thinking and start cooking. Anybody got a good heart-healthy recipe to share? And a Thanksgiving potluck recipe?

No comments: