Friday, August 7, 2009

Tattle-Tale

I had to tattle on someone in Cube City yesterday. It wasn't one of my own, but it was a copywriter from another office that was helping us out. Said copywriter turned in some absolute crap work, so I was the lucky one who had to (a) tattle to this person's boss, and (b) turn the crap work into something that looked and smelled a little better.

It's scary when you know there are people in Cube City who have no idea what they're doing. Is it because they aren't trained? Is it because they're stupid? Is it because they're too stupid to be trained?

I've had to tattle on this copywriter before, and it doesn't feel good. When I start to tattle, I have visions of a lisping, pig-tailed Cindy Brady dancing through my head. It's hard when you have to report poor work performance. It's hard to know when it's best to let it slide vs. crucial to keeping the customer happy. But really, I don't care all that much because, even though I'm cleaning up the crap, at least I don't have to figure out what to do with this copywriter. That's not much, but it's all I've got. Don't tell anyone I said so, though.

1 comment:

Michelle Medley said...

So let me get this straight. Rather than have the writer's boss work with the person to make improvements, you got drawn in to fix the stew behind the writer's back?

That's crap. And you're so write. (pun intended). The boss should either train this person or cut them loose so they can go find their real purpose in life.