Friday, May 9, 2008

Office Nicknames

Have you ever loved or hated a co-worker so much that you've given that person a nickname? I like to give names to people, places, and things. It's how I roll.

I think that my favorite nickname for a co-worker in my pitifully long history of hangin' in Cube City is this one:

Picky Bitch Control Freak (PBCF)

In case you can't tell, I hated PBCF. (There was never any love there for you, girl, and you know who you are...not that you'll ever have the privilege of reading about your five minutes of defame here.) The thing about me is that many people say they can't tell when I'm joking vs. being serious. I think PBCF thought I was joking all along. Yes, I labeled her to her face...and in time, she started referring to herself as PBCF. Now that's just insanely nerdy. But anyway, let's break it down:
  • Picky -- this was a good quality, focused on quality, so I can see where she'd be confused about the negativity of her nickname
  • Bitch -- she was the type to stab you in the back; the pure definition of a bitch
  • Control Freak -- nuff said about this picky bitchy freakshow

PBCF was totally unqualified for the job. She went around hijacking other people's ideas and taking them to the CEO. The CEO was a clueless nerdy moron who could be easily snowed by a PBCF, but that's a story for another blog entry.

So...what are your office nicknames? You get extra points for acronyms.

No comments: