Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Quest for Scissors

Welcome to Working for Scissors, the blog about dysfunctional businesses and the victims -- I mean, workers...no, I mean victims -- who work for such businesses.

I'm a theme girl. I like to write around themes and focus on the negative as often as possible. What better material than office stories?!

Why work for scissors?
Working for Scissors is inspired by the many layoffs and self-imposed flight stories I've witnessed and/or experienced over my many years of cutting the mustard in Corporate America. You might say that scissors are a metaphor for getting cut. Of course, a metaphor like this can have many meanings:
  • Cut from the workforce
  • Cut and run
  • Cut from an injury involving blood, sweat, and/or tears

Basically, anything having to do with the dysfunctional corporate family is fair game at Working for Scissors.

A good pair of scissors is hard to find.
Finding the right pair of scissors can be a challenge. Not all supply rooms are created equal. So in cutting edge style, I add this twist: What is your most prized possession from the office supply room that you've accidentally thrown into your Bye Box? C'mon, you know you have a great pair of scissors at home that you lifted from your office. If not, you're a total nerd and are not cut out for this blog.

I want to hear your stories, so please send them my way and hold nothing back!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A full 36-color set of fine-point sharpies.

...my...precious!

Scissor Girl said...

That is a total steal, Viveth.

Anonymous said...

I took one of those old adding machines once. So, tip #1 is to get a big box for your stuff. That's the key to getting something like that out of the office without someone noticing.