Monday, September 15, 2008

Clone Me

Why are some people in Cube City so stupid? I actually had to explain to a project manager that I couldn't possibly complete two 8-hour projects due in one day. I had to break it down for her:
  • I am not two people.
  • Since I am not two people, I can't do the work of two people.
  • Even though I often do the work of two people, I still can't be in two places doing two different things that are due at the same time.
  • Therefore, I can't help you with both projects. You'll have to find an additional helper.
I don't think she got the message, no matter how much I dumbed it down for her, which was the most depressing part of that interaction. My best guess is that she needed two people to deliver that information to her. To recap:
  • I am not two people...

No comments: