Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Don't Want to Go There

On Sunday night, my significant stapler and I went to a nearby coffeehouse to take in the java beans and live music. Right before the last song of the night, a bitter keyboardist told us a story about her day job in Cube City. She said that her boss, who was younger than she, had pissed her off. She just wanted to scream at her stupid young boss that she wouldn't be in Cube City forever. So she went home after work and wrote this song called, "Why'd I Go?" Most of the lyrics of that song repeated the words, "Why'd I Go?" So the song was aptly named, if nothing else.

The song reminded us of what we say before we leave the house every work day morning. We cry to each other, "I don't want to go there!"

But we end up going there anyway and wondering, "Why'd I go?" These are the notes we sing. Sometimes we're in tune and sometimes we're off key, but we keep on performing. The show must go on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't wanna dew dat.