Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Georgia On My Mind

On holiday weekends, when I run screaming from Cube City, I always play the lottery. It never fails. I am too tempted by the ultimate dream of a permanent holiday weekend.

The problem is that I get emotionally involved when the ultimate dream doesn't come true.

Every blasted time.

Somebody in Georgia is not returning to Cube City today. Somebody in Georgia is giving Cube City the finger. Somebody in Georgia is freaking out about being the sole winner of a cool $132 million. That should have been me. I should have been freaking out, sipping Blue Hawaiians and searching for beachfront properties to purchase on Maui.

But no. Instead I am blogging the blues and returning to a pile of work.

Nonetheless, odds are good that I will continue to play the lottery. I will keep the ultimate dream alive. You can bet on it.

No comments: