Thursday, May 21, 2009

Drive Friendly

On my drive to Cube City, I found myself looking around while stopped at a traffic light. Sitting in the red car to my right was a guy with a pleasant look on his face. He was wearing a dress shirt and tie, so I would assume he was on his way to Cube City. There were so many nose prints, presumably from a dog, on his rear windows that I had to laugh out loud. Here's this happy-looking guy driving to work in true "1980s mullet" spirit: Business in the front, party in the back.

I had to wonder why he looked so pleasant:
  • Does he actually like his job?
  • Was he daydreaming about something interesting?
  • Did he hear something entertaining on the radio?
  • Was he thinking about his nose-print-happy doggy?
  • Had he gotten lucky before the commute into work?

I don't know, but it was refreshing to see a friendly face in traffic this morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This morning I got to take the kids to school, which is usually Shane's gig. I smiled a lot, because the kids can't help but remind me of better things to think about than Cube City. For example, these are from this mornings' ride:

"I wish I was a bird so I could fly."

(yeah, me too)

"Look, it's a Smart Car. I wonder how many people you can fit in there."

(yeah, me too)

"That pigeon keeps turning around and around and around. I wonder if he gets dizzy."

(yeah, me too!)