Thursday, May 14, 2009

Taking It Personally

It's been said that your employer knows you'll spend time doing personal things on the company dime...and therefore factors this into your annual salary.

If this is true, I'm in the wrong Cube City. I mean, I want to add value wherever I can. I want to give the company what they're paying for. If that means doing personal time on the company dime, I want to knock things off my personal to-do list!

But in my current Cube City, I rarely have time to breathe, let alone balance my checkbook or get the grocery shopping done.

Am I doing something wrong? In every other Cube City, I've always had time to run off and start my laundry, call friends at work to help them waste time, or get an oil change in the car.

Not this time. If you have any tips for how to work the system, please send them my way. Do it for your company. They're paying you for it, after all.

No comments: