Friday, May 22, 2009

I May'd It

The long holiday weekend is so close that I can almost taste it. I just love how nice everyone is in Cube City when they know that they're not going to have to face Monday Mourning.

It's been a really good week in Cube City, though it didn't really start out that way. I did not want to come here on Monday -- like, more than usual for a Monday. No reason, really. I just didn't want to, and the thought of dragging myself to the office made me feel dead inside. But we had a team picnic in the park that day, which turned out to be a lot more fun than I initially thought. Lots of sunshine, good people, a friendly game of Frisbee, fresh watermelon, and a crazy puppy (not mine!) running amok and making us all laugh about the simple things. It made me pause and think, "You know, the organizer of this event got it right. We all get to be outside enjoying nature -- something we always yearn for when trapped inside on a gorgeous day."

The rest of the week has been good too. Just lots of good weather, a half day off work, and other simple things to celebrate. It's a far cry from this time last year in Cube City. I'm not one to take stock of the good times and appreciate them while they're here because I am always suspiciously looking over my shoulder, waiting for bad news to come down the stretch.

Not this time. It's a great week and a great time of year. I love May! I love everybody! May you all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Michelle Medley said...

What a terrific report. I'm so glad to read it. Last night was a gorgeous night, so friends of mine who also have a graduating senior and I sat outside with candles, margaritas and ukuleles and we played "Happy Trails to You."

You know, I thought to myself, this unemployment has its moments.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend.