Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Half Day

I'm taking a half-day off from Cube City this afternoon. Half-days are always weird. When you work a full day, half of the day seems long and productive. You wonder if the lunch hour will ever arrive. But when you work a half-day, everything seems to be on fast-forward, and you wonder how you're going to accomplish anything in a measly four to five hours. I suppose I could have taken a full day off, but I was half thriving on the stress of a compressed work day and half resistant to dig into paid time off that I might need to maximize at a different time.

I'd better get some work done. My day will be half over in two hours.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The half-day is somewhat of an illusion for me most of the time. I end up making up for it in extra hours at some other point. I try not to think of them as half-days, but a slight-of-hand that lets me pretend that I'm escaping the clutches of cube city for a short while.