Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Middle of Nowhere

Somebody ran away from Cube City for a vacation, so I'm covering on a project I know nothing about. I hate covering other people's projects. It's like being the person who visits the club and doesn't know the secret password. Actually, it's like being the person who visits the club and doesn't realize there's a secret password.

When you don't know what you don't know, you don't know what to ask. And these days in Cube City, nobody gives you a map. Instead, you have to guess your way through the maze as you march blindly forward with no clues, flashlights, compasses, snacks, or aids of any kind.

I've always been one who hates to be lost. When I'm on the road and have taken a wrong turn, I go crazy until I'm headed in the right direction. And that's pretty much where I find myself today, lost in the middle of nowhere. I'll find my way back home, but some directions from someone in the club would be nice. I'd settle for the secret password, for starters.

No comments: