Friday, May 15, 2009

Windy Cube City

Dang, y'all, what is up with the wind in this town?

It's been windy outside all week, but I've been dealing with a total windbag inside Cube City too. This person is a control freak who just cannot let anything go. Nobody can win with this cube dweller. Of course, this person doesn't want to take a first stab at anything. Instead, you're supposed to be a mind reader who takes this person's unknown vision and puts it beautifully on paper.

The whole situation just leaves me winded.

I think this person thrives on the game of failed mind reading. But I have learned that psychoanalysis is a very powerful game in and of itself. I won't say anything on the outside, but I'll psychoanalyze the hell out of a person's erratic behavior on the inside. It's not much, but it's all I've got. It just makes me feel better to inwardly pity the fool who has control issues and seemingly has no idea that the inability to let anything go comes across as baggage for everybody else to see and pick through. Maybe this cube dweller never had any say in anything growing up. Maybe the rest of us just have to smile and nod while this freak acts out. I don't know, but I've got my own wind power, and I'm not afraid to use it.

No comments: