Thursday, September 3, 2009

An Important Matter of Unimportance

I recently received a scare in my Cube City inbox. As we all know, I'm not important here, so anything that could indicate otherwise is cause for alarm.

I received an invitation from the CEO of my current Cube City for a really big client meeting. Well, okay, so the invitation was from his assistant, but it was his name that appeared on the invitation in my inbox.

I had immediate flashbacks to the days when I was the CEO's bitch in another Cube City. No way will I go through that again -- not without kicking and screaming first, anyway.

I made the long walk to my boss's office, knocked on her door, and asked if there was anything she'd like to tell me about a really big client meeting with the CEO. Sure enough, the invitation was meant for someone else, and I was reassured that I'm not important here.

2 comments:

Michelle Medley said...

You're important to me - chalk this one up to incomplete forward pass on their part and ignore.

You are valuable and important or you'd already be gone.

Stay strong. You are more talented than you even know.

Trixter said...

Gah! That's so annoying. And happens to me somewhat infrequently. You see, I share part of a name with someone whose importance is much higher than mine. But at least you know when something important is going down, even if you're not important enough to know what it is. :)