Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lightening Up

Work has recently picked up in Cube City. But when my workload was light, I started putting my energy into other things, like climbing the stairs from the parking garage to my desk instead of taking the elevator. Every morning, I would walk past my main project manager's desk near the stairwell, and he'd hear me huffing and puffing. No matter how many times I took those blasted stairs, I was always out of breath. Ugh.

One day, as I huffed and puffed up the stairs and passed by his office, he said, "Hey! Taking the stairs has worked. You're lighter!" Then he started cackling hysterically because, well, I guess he thought he was being funny. Unfortunately, I think he was talking about my workload rather than the physical benefits of taking the stairs. I didn't find his remark funny. I guess I have more lightening up to do.

1 comment:

Trixter said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who huffs and puffs up those stairs. I feel like I have asthma. And if anyone made a comment like that to me -- especially when I was out of breath -- I'd go medieval on him. :)