Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fakebook

I need to break out of Cube City and break into the social media business. If I were to break out, I'd create Fakebook, a place where we could all secretly go to post things we'd never dare on our real Facebook pages.

On Fakebook, we would not have to Friend our parents, bosses, or the Texas Tornado. Fakebook would be a place where we could truly say what's on our minds without worrying about someone minding. We could be fans of Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus without judgment. (Note: Example is for illustrative purposes only and does not reflect the musical taste or opinions of Scissor Girl.) My niece could post her underage drinking photos without me having to witness the train wreck that is her life. It would be total greatness for us to be ourselves under the guise of a Fakebook.

But Facebook is here to stay. So keep your face on -- especially in Cube City, where the illusion of truth is preferred and encouraged.

No comments: