Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This Can't Be My Life

I have just returned to Cube City from a beautiful place. It’s called vacation. I couldn’t be more depressed...and it’s not even Timesheet Monday!

Vacation is supposed to rejuvenate us, but really it’s a cruel and stark wake-up call about misery and all that is evil and wrong in the world.

Just one week ago, I was wrapping up some work, cleaning off my desk, feeling excited and smug as I waved farewell to the suckers left behind in Cube City.

Today it’s over. It’s all over. It’s about work. It’s about insanity. It’s about performance reviews, email backlog, fires, deadlines, and frantic requests from people who have missed me only because they’ve lacked resources. It’s about complete lack of memory regarding where I left off. It's about complete lack of sympathy from people who are in a hurry and don’t much care that I have a severe amount of catching up to do. It’s about being a sucker.

I need a survival plan, but I really don’t know what that looks like in Cube City. If you do know, please enlighten me. I could use a vacation from my vacation right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

survival plan = margarita

Tomorrow may seem like a long way off right now, but it will help.