Monday, August 18, 2008

Yum Yum Bubble Gum

I used to work with a womanizer in Cube City who would say all sorts of suggestive things to me. He was a sexual harassment case waiting to happen, but I never felt bothered or threatened by his comments. He seemed pretty harmless.

One of his most memorable comments was in response to a fuchsia pink button-down shirt that I wore to work one day. As I walked down the hall, I heard him say, "Yum yum, bubble gum! I want to chew you UP."

You have to give it to him, cube dwellers. He was creative...and that shirt really did resemble the color of bubble gum. Pardon the self love here, but it was a good color for me, so I can see how I might have been chewable in it. To have lectured him on what not to say about apparel (or anything else, really) would have been a waste of time.

Feel free to agree with me. There's no need to burst my bubble.

No comments: