Friday, August 1, 2008

Digging Through the Rubble

I was sitting in a meeting yesterday with the Texas Tornado, who was trying to blow me off the cinder blocks of my Cube City mobile home. As we sat in that meeting and discussed resources with a large group of people -- something that never works for a variety of reasons too damaging to list -- I noticed that the Texas Tornado was furiously banging on the keyboard of her laptop. She was whispering while typing, like she was unable to silently form the words in her head and had to at least mouth them in order to write them out.

A few moments after the violent keyboard banging subsided, an email from the Texas Tornado whirled into my inbox. The email was filled with forceful hot air about how a project had gone terribly wrong and was all my fault, even though I had nothing to do with it.

I didn't see this storm coming and hadn't been alerted to signs of a potential hazard, but then it's hard to predict a natural disaster in Cube City. What's more irritating is that the Texas Tornado was sitting right next to me and chose to send the email instead of talking to me like a human being. I guess when you're a tornado, you're not interested in clearing the air.

You can't outrun the Texas Tornado, but you can make preparations to take cover and limit the damage. So I got my insurance coverage in order by forwarding the email to my advisor with some policy change requests. I'm sure the storm won't blow over easily, but at least I know how to cover my head. I just resent having to dig through the rubble to figure out what happened, only to find that the Texas Tornado caused all the damage and expected me to pay for it. That type of dirt doesn't fly in Cube City.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like The Texas Tornado was trying to do a little CYA. You should let the Tornado know that "there is no CYA in team". Hagh!