Friday, October 24, 2008

Friends

What is a person to do in Cube City amid complete and utter chaos?

In the midst of massive layoffs this week, I have actually thought about sending the President/Founder a friend request on Facebook -- like, thanks for being a friend and not laying me off. But we're really not friends, and I'm sad for my good friends who are out of work today...so I'll refrain.

It's hard to know what to say to my friends who aren't here anymore. Do I invite them out for beer, or do I just send them a virtual beer through Facebook? All I know for sure is that beer is necessary at a time like this.

A real friend is someone who is there for you, no matter what is going on in your life. Layoffs in this economy are business, not personal, but they feel personal all the same. You really can't be friends with your company's founder because business will always prevail.

I hope for better days and better times for all of us. I really wish we could all be friends.

No comments: