Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yankee Doodle Candy

If there's something I hate more than politics in Cube City, it's people who constantly fill their candy jars with sweet temptations.

I love candy. Don't get me wrong. What I hate is that these suppliers are so good at picking just the right candy to make you stick your head in the bowl and come up for air when it's all gone. Then they smile -- those fucking candy jar enablers -- and refill the bowl with a huge bag of the same stuff that they have magically pulled out of thin air. Gah!

At my last job, I worked with a woman who kept us all knee-deep in chocolate. Dark chocolate. I can't curb my enthusiasm when there's dark chocolate in Cube City. My diet goes out the window. I mean, let's face it. Work makes us unhappy. Candy makes us happy. We have to break even in Cube City.

I currently work with a guy who doesn't seem to mind that I take all of the Tootsie Rolls out of his candy jar every day. I wish he'd stop adding more. How do I get him to stop being so sweet...and hateful?

No comments: