Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Talker, Part Deux

Not only am I obsessed with Facebook; I am obsessed with The Talker's stupidity here in Cube City.

As if The Talker's relentless personal phone calls aren't enough, she's also trying to pawn her work off on anyone who is enough of a sucker to see her as a victim.

She has been working with my team long enough to know what she's doing, but she prances around and says, "I'm sorry, I'm really new to all of this, so I need your help." Then she dumps her work in your lap and goes back to yapping on the phone with Suzy's sister-in-law's cousin's best friend.

She'll send me emails with the classic question of, "Does this make sense to you?" She must think that I'm as stupid as she is to fall for that one. Okay, I was stupid the first time she asked, but I caught on after it was obvious that she was wanting me to figure out her role for her -- something I couldn't and wouldn't do. I have enough on my plate without moonlighting for The Talker.

What amazes me is that her role is really pretty simple. It requires reading a client's email all the way through in order to figure out how to satisfy a request. I realize that it is probably too much to ask a person to read a paragraph or two in today's society, but...well...you see my point.

I'm just really sad for the smart, hard workers who were laid off when this particular fuckhead somehow made the cut. Somebody please hand me my scissors. I can at least cut her phone line.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That seems to be going around these days. I've noticed an increase in the attempts to dump work on others. When jobs are at risk, I don't get it.