Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Talker

If you're on Facebook, which is my latest time-sucking fetish, you have seen my many manic status postings about my new cube neighbor. She is The Talker.

The Talker spends most of her day in Cube City yapping on the phone with her friends. Whether she's having boy problems or Suzy's sister-in-law's cousin's best friend can't believe her boyfriend wore plaid shorts in public, The Talker is on that phone giving and/or receiving personal counseling all day long. I just want to throw her phone out the window.

Others in Cube City have noticed The Talker too. What I can't understand is how The Talker can be so oblivious to cubicle etiquette, not to mention everything that has been going on lately with our armpit of an economy and layoffs. If you have half a brain and care about keeping your job, you don't make it obvious that you're fucking around on the company dime all day long.

I suppose I should just be thankful that The Talker and I aren't friends on Facebook. There isn't enough bandwidth in cyberspace for me to deal with her yapping face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Scissor Girl,

Any advice you could give me about the clipper (one who is always clipping her nails in the cube)? I have even mentioned to her in passing how gross I think it is - yet she persist. Maybe I should find the nail clippers and throw them out the window?

Thanks!