Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm Afraid of My Inbox

I used to work with a guy in Cube City who refused to take time off because everything blew up while he was away. People would change the rules, and he'd have a huge mess to clean up. It wasn't worth his time to go on vacation.

I have been away from Cube City for five days. It took three of those days to come down from the chaos. I spent quality time with my loved ones, scored ridiculous holiday deals at the mall, and refused to check my work email...though it was always in the back of my mind, looming there with an appropriate amount of dread. I definitely didn't drink enough.

It's time to log in. It's time to see what blew up while I was out of the office, despite everybody supposedly being off work. I'm afraid of my inbox. I really don't want to log in. Do I have to?

No comments: