Tuesday, December 30, 2008

There's An Echo (Echo...Echo...) In Here

Hello? Is anybody here?

There's a lonely feel in the office when it's quiet and a high volume of people are out of the office. I don't miss the people or their demands, of course, but I find it hard to get motivated to do the work. Mostly, I don't understand why there's so much work to do when nobody is here. This is crazy.

I'm just going through the motions of showing up to Cube City until next year, when everybody will return from their holiday vacations. I could be off work right now, I suppose, as I have the vacation time. However, I'm maximizing my PTO. You really can't blame me. It's a long haul until our next paid holiday off, so I'll save my time for a desperate need.

In the meantime, please share the secret of how to make a long, lonely day go faster in Cube City. The secret isn't codka. It's too cold for that. I know, I know, I really thought I had the answer.

No comments: