Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh, Fudge. It's Come Un-done.

Okay, who brought the undercooked fudge to Cube City last Friday? SHOW YOURSELF.

More importantly, who is desperate enough to eat mushy and potentially health-hazardous fudge that was obviously a sorry baker's botched batch?

It's interesting to me that people will bring their cooking mistakes to work because they know Cube City is where all food will go into somebody's belly instead of the trash. Can't you just hear the baker's thought process upon realizing that the fudge didn't turn out right? It probably went something like this:

Oh, FUDGE! My first batch of fudge didn't harden! I followed the recipe from Wikipedia and everything! Waaahhhh! But now that I read it again, I don't think I used corn syrup. Hmmm.

Well, it was an experiment. Not bad for my first batch EVER. The next batch will be better. But...oh, dear...what do I do with the first batch? I can't give this to somebody I care about, and I definitely can't eat it. It looks scary, and it definitely isn't done.

Wait, I know!!! I'll just sneak it into the office and leave it on the kitchen counter. Nobody will know that I totally suck at baking, and my experiment will not go to complete waste. SOMEBODY will eat it.

And the baker would be right. The fudge was almost gone by the time I left work on Friday. I never saw anybody take a piece of that fudge. I think its consumers were as sneaky as its baker. That's just fudged up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHA! You're exactly right about the thought process. Co-workers are only a slightly better option than the garbage disposal.

Michelle Medley said...

I did not make that batch but I did do real damage to some pralines.

They never set up, and it's just a curse. I sent them to my sister's, anyway, and she ate them over ice cream.

Some messes work out if you're brave enough to stick with them.