Friday, April 24, 2009

Aborting the Hall

Conflict is not my bag.

I can have "courageous conversations" when I need to, and I often do, but I will avoid conflict whenever possible. I'm a Leo. I just want everyone to get along. I also have very little energy and don't need it getting sucked up by things I cannot control.

The other day, as I was walking down the hall in Cube City, I saw a really nice person getting ready to enter a conference room. She had stopped in the hall because she was on the phone, and she'd obviously had it with the person on the other end of the phone line. She yelled, "I sent it to you, like, FOUR TIMES!!!"

I immediately froze inside of myself and looked for the first exit I could find. I think I was just a little shocked that this nice person had it in her to yell at somebody. I also felt like I shouldn't be there. There's just something spooky about hallways -- like being in a dark alley at night surrounded by sketchiness. I was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I ended up taking the long way to where I was going, but I felt much better aborting the hall and taking the road more traveled.

No comments: