Monday, April 20, 2009

It's Four-Twenty

In Cube City, it's the simple things that make us laugh and wonder how our lives came to this.

But anyway, my significant stapler used to work with a pothead named Bill. We liked Bill. He was a cool guy.

Bill had a penchant for dates that were cool and clever, and I'm not talking about chicks. I'm talking about calendar dates. He would call my significant stapler and say, "Hey, you, happy 8-8-8" on August 8, 2008. He especially liked 1-2-3 -- January 2, 2003. You get my point.

So this is a shout out to Bill the Pothead, as I know he must be loving the world-wide code for pot smokers that lines up with today's date: 4-20.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooo-hooooo!

Trixter said...

I first heard about this a couple of years ago. Apparently this is a huge day for legalization marches. Interesting how people can rally around almost anything.