Monday, April 13, 2009

I Need a Clone

Well, here we are again -- overworked and understaffed in Cube City. I'm supposed to do the work of two full-time people this week, and I have no idea how. I mean, I'm not two people, nor can I pretend to be. I have no idea how I'm going to be in two places at once. I don't have the time or energy to pull this off. I think the powers-that-be are in complete and utter denial about our staffing issues. I know this when I ask for help and my requests fall on deaf ears.

There are no solutions. There is no support. You are your only solution and your only support. It's a lonely world out there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There's a lot of denial going around. I'm having to play the role of a QA tester this week since the entire team that was scheduled to do the testing no longer exists. This is, of course, in addition to my own work.

Trixter said...

I'll third (?) that. For some reason, TPTB (the powers that be) think that I can be at a client's office making a presentation and reviewing edits and writing copy and creating another presentation all at the same time. And because no one can meet at any other time, I have meetings over my lunch hour. No rest for the wicked, I guess.