Monday, April 27, 2009

The Hazing

I spent Friday at home, after realizing that an allergy attack was really a nasty cold. I worked for Cube City from home that day, in a severe haze of cold, sinus, and allergy meds, and I can't tell you what I did. I know I sent emails and updated content throughout the day, but I couldn't give you coherent details about projects.

It's like those times that I drive to work and don't remember the commute. Suddenly I'm just at my desk, and I wonder how I got there? Was traffic bad? Did I have to get off the freeway early to avoid stalled cars? I don't know, and that's just scary.

I think it's almost scarier when you're in a haze and you're sending business communications to other people. I don't know what I wrote. That's scary! I hope my words made sense to the recipients.

I'm happy to say that, despite a slight Nyquil hangover, I'm feeling much more human today. I know how I got to work, and I think I'll remember what I write and send to my teammates. If not, I'll just blame the Nyquil.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better. Of course, being back in cube city probably doesn't help. It makes me feel like I'm afflicted with an illness anytime I'm here. :)

Michelle Medley said...

I confess I was grinning from ear to ear this morning as I awoke to the sounds and lights of a thunderstorm and realized that I no longer had a mailbox in Cube City and would therefore need to work from home - and enjoy the rain!

I hope you do feel better - am sending you healing thoughts